Monday, March 16, 2009

I caved...

Yes, I admit it; I caved in and called to have my cable hooked back up (SHUT UP!). Hey - I really tried!! But, living in Montana and not being able to hear the weather in the morning is not such a hot idea. At least, not at this time of the year. Trying to dress for a new day based on the weather the day before is not an exact science. Or any science for that matter. Last week, on Saturday, the weather was glorious! 55 degrees, sunny, warm, nice breeze, etc. Cut to 9:37am Sunday and two inches of snow on the ground accumulating to a total of almost 6 inches by Monday morning. Um, yeah. Good thing I didn't grab my shorts and sandals! Well, I wouldn't be grabbing shorts anyway, but...uh...thingy.

Anyhoo, I can't wait to get it back. I am missing my favorite shows, although Ollie and I are having a lot of fun getting together to watch the Biggest Loser every Tuesday night. The biggest problem we have is that I want to bring nibbly things to snack on that are not in the spirit of the show! I did purchase the first season of The Big Bang Theory on DVD this week and watched all three DVDs. I LOVE that show!! I would go out with any of those guys, except Walowitz. He is just toooooo much of a horn dog for this gal. I would even date Sheldon with all his sphinter-puckering idiosyncracies. I love Leonard though; he is the perfect mix. So, I have to wait until next Monday to get everything back, and I will be a happier camper!

Also, you may have noticed that the weight tracker didn't change this week (or did you notice? See how you are?) - that would be because I DIDN'T GAIN THIS WEEK! Yeehaw! No, I didn't lose, but please don't harsh my buzz, OK? I plan to buckle down this week and stick to a decent eating plan and hopefully will take a little exercise and get that going as well. Since there is more daylight at the end of the day, I am not so inclined to go sleepy bo bos when I get home from work; hopefully I can put that extra time to good use. Ha.

Well, since I don't have a lot to say today, I thought I would share some wisdom from Andy Rooney. That guy is older than dirt but still hanging in there; there aren't a lot like him left and it's a darn shame. Please to enjoy:

I've learned....
That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
That when you're in love, it shows.
That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.
That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings
in the world.
That being kind is more important than being right.
That you should never say no to a gift from a child.
That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in
some other way.
That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend
to act goofy with.
That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was
a child did wonders for me as an adult.
That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster
it goes.
That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
That money doesn't buy class.
That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated
and loved.
That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person
continue to hurt you.
That love, not time, heals all wounds.
That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people
smarter than I am.
That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
That life is tough, but I'm tougher.
That opportunities are never lost, someone will take the ones you miss.
That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
That I wish I could have told my Dad that I loved him one more time before he
passed away.
That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may
have to eat them.
That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist,
that you're hooked for life.
That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and
growth occurs while you're climbing it.
That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments totally rock my world - please leave one!