Monday, February 23, 2009

Our very own DIET TRIBE

I have struggled with my weight forever. Who hasn't? PS - to those of you who haven't, I hate you. Unless you are under age 16. Anyway, I watch The Biggest Loser every Tuesday night WITHOUT FAIL. Ollie turned me on to The Diet Tribe, but I didn't start watching it until the very end. I really liked it. At the beginning of February, my niece Amber sent a group of us an email, asking if we wanted to band together and lose weight as a group; encouraging each other and trading tips, etc. I got out my step ladder and climbed on that wagon! (For those of you who don't know me, I am short; thus the step ladder...oh never mind.) We all got really excited and decided that we would keep track of our weight loss on my blog, and set a goal to lose five pounds by the end of February. As you can see, it is now the last week of February, and I am just now getting going on the blog. But hey - no one sent me any info to put on it! So, without further ado (adieu? a dew?), I am posting my picture and info (warning: not for the squeemish).

Heather, age 41
Current weight: 309 (AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!)
Pounds lost since Feb. 1st: 4
Long range goal: weigh 265 by August 3rd

Sheesh - I am all boobs, and not in a good way!!! I have decided that I am also going to record everything I eat on here as well. One of the best way to be successful at weight loss is to truthfully record every single thing you put in your mouth. And it worked for me tonight! I went to the grocery store to get something for dinner, and I really wanted either a piece of cake or some donuts. Ooooohhhh, they looked SO GOOD!! Normally, I would have felt a little guilty for buying them but would have done it anyway. But tonight, because I knew that I would have to be honest and list them here, I decided it wasn't worth it. SCORE! So, here is what I have eaten today:

  • One packet of Quaker Weight Control instant oatmeal (made with water) in Banana Bread
  • 20oz water with one packet of Great Value brand sugar free Lemonade drink mix
  • One Burger King Tender Grill chicken sandwich with no tomatoes
  • 12oz diet Coke
  • One small Cobb salad made with iceburg and romaine lettuce, chunky blue cheese dressing, smoked turkey breast, hard boiled egg and bacon bits
  • 20oz plain water
  • Two small blue raspberry Now & Laters

Not a lot of food, I know, but it's always easy on the first day.

C'mon gals - send me your stuff and let's get this Tribe going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments totally rock my world - please leave one!