Friday, March 27, 2015

Yay! Crafty Mini-Haul

I hate going to the post office to get our mail. It’s inconvenient, kinda creepy, and I usually have to pee by the time I get there, and there aren’t any restrooms around. Well, there is a nasty port-a-potty in the parking lot of the grocery store next door, but…no. However, when I know there are crafting goodies waiting for me, I can’t wait to get there.

I’m on a pretty strict budget; I get paid every week so I try to break up my budgeted amount so that I order something every other week or so. Sometimes I order just once from one retailer so that I save on shipping costs; sometimes I order from several different retailers because I can’t get everything I want from one place.
I received some cool stuff on Tuesday from Sweet Stamp Shop, and then yesterday from Simon Says Stamp and Stampendous. Here is what I bought this month:

From the Sweet Stamp Shop I bought the Beer Wishes and Handcrafted stamp sets. From Stampendous I got this adorable dog die from Dreamweaver Stencils. And from Simon Says Stamp I got the new Abandoned Coral Distress Marker by Tim Holtz, PrimaFlowers Brush Strokes stamp set, and Mama Elephant’s Hello Script die.  Sorry for all of the links, but I am cheating and posting this from work, and I can't get pictures to post. Shhhh....
I can’t wait to get busy creating with these new goodies! I also have the SSS card kits from January – March to play with; the March kit has my head spinning like you would not believe! I have to get my room cleaned up (current status: looks like a F5 tornado hit it) so that Les and Jim can hang my new (to me) ceiling fan/light. I am so excited!! Imagine, I’ll actually have an overhead light in my room at last. No more getting to work to discover my shirt has stains on it that I couldn’t see when I got dressed, or that my socks actually match. It is a really cool looking fan too; it will go with my ultimate décor once I finally get to start on that. I will post a picture when it’s installed.

Before I go, I wanted to say WELCOME! to my two newest followers: Karen Hasheck and Darnell Knauss. Thanks so much for following my blog; it really means so much to me. Please take a moment to check out their great blogs!
Well, gotta go. I plan to make something for this week’s Monday Mojo’s blog challenge, so I’ll get creative tomorrow! As soon as I get up! Which hopefully will be before Noon! I’ve got to say, while I am very grateful for the new work schedule (Tues-Fri, 7am-6pm), combining it with the new Daylight Savings Time is just about to kill me. Yesterday I went to the bathroom and fell asleep in there. I was dreaming and everything! I didn’t even know I had fallen asleep until I woke up because I hit my head on the toilet paper dispenser. Sheesh. Oh well; I’m sure it will get better with time.

TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. You got some great crafting supplies in the mail. I haven't been able to visit you for a while so I want to congratulate you on your success with weight loss and taking charge with the issue of the diabetes, both of which requires dedication. My son-in-law lost about 90 pounds in the last year. No fad diets or anything except keeping a check on his calories through use of an app. on his phone. His wife, my daughter, has helped him to stay on track by cooking a reasonably healthy variety of things he enjoys eating.Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments totally rock my world - please leave one!